Click below to view featured BGC projects » More BGC Projects
Senior Geological / Geotechnical Engineer (Golden)
BGC's Golden, Colorado office is seeking an experienced senior geological or geotechnical engineer with a background in heavy civil infrastructure, detailed landslide studies, hydrogeological studies, slope stability assessment and design. The ideal candidate will have a strong academic background, 15+ years relevant work experience, and an ability to manage multi-disciplined project teams working in remote, challenging environments.
• Undergraduate degree in civil or geological engineering or engineering geology;
• Post graduate education in geotechnical or geological engineering or engineering geology;
• 15+ years of engineering experience and technical leadership; and
• Advanced understanding of geotechnical engineering, engineering geology and rock mechanics.
• Strong leadership and project management skills;
• Ability to lead geotechnical projects from proposal submission to site investigation to design to construction monitoring;
• Has developed and maintained good working relationships with clients, government agencies, sub-consultants and geotechnical contractors in the United States;
• Familiarity with the mining, power generation and/or infrastructure development industries;
• Ability to present, prepare and review reports; and
• Interest in mentoring young junior and intermediate geotechnical engineers and geoscientists.
Experience and proven ability in some of the following main technical areas:
• Rock mechanics and rock slope engineering;
• Soil mechanics and foundation engineering;
• Engineering geology, terrain mapping and geohazards assessment;
• Pipeline geotechnical and integrity assessments;
• Hydrogeological studies; and
• Slope and landslide stability assessment and design.
BGC pays competitive salaries, provides a comprehensive benefit package, and maintains a casual but professional work environment. If you are qualified and interested in a career with BGC, please send your resume and a covering letter in confidence to:
Ms. Kari Hughes